Thursday, June 11, 2009

Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy

I think my son may have some form of this and would love to get in contact with some one who knows any thing about this.

There is a little boy in my home town with this and my sister brought it to my attention and asked if Bryan may have it because of his muscle mass strength and the fact he has no fat on his body.

So I looked it up and he may very well have this in a lesser form then that other boy. As I have said Bryan has tremors problems with fine motor skills and Gross motor skills and a chromosome abnormality. Could this lesson his strength a little? His muscles look just like this boys and he has had abs since at lest 2. He can do 5 pull ups (I only caught him doing 2 on tape)and a few chine up's.Bryan could swing from a monkey bar for over a minute hanging on with just his hands while I pushed him at age 1 with out any problem!.

We have called him our little X-Men since he was around two because he was so strong and had super stretchy skin!!We (my family and I)Have always joked around that he is a little body builder and stuff!I think I may ask his doctor.

Collin and Joey show no signs of this but I don't know about Logan but I do not think so.

Bryan's "real" Father is built like him with no fat what so ever so I am wondering if he is where Bryan got it if he has it because it is hereditary and My other kids don't have the same father but there are no records of that.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy (or myotonic hypertrophy) is a rare genetic condition characterized by reduced body fat and increased skeletal muscle size. Affected individuals have up to twice the usual amount of muscle mass in their bodies. They also tend to have increased muscle strength. Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy is not known to cause any medical problems, and affected individuals are intellectually normal. The prevalence of this condition is unknown.

Mutations in the MSTN gene cause myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy. The MSTN gene provides instructions for making a protein called myostatin, which is active in muscles used for movement (skeletal muscles) both before and after birth. This protein normally restrains muscle growth, ensuring that muscles do not grow too large. Mutations that reduce the production of functional myostatin lead to an overgrowth of muscle tissue. Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy has a pattern of inheritance known as incomplete autosomal dominance. People with a mutation in both copies of the MSTN gene in each cell (homozygotes) have significantly increased muscle mass and strength. People with a mutation in one copy of the MSTN gene in each cell (heterozygotes) also have increased muscle bulk, but to a lesser degree.

Article about the other little boy:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MedicineCuttingEdge/story?id=7231487&page=1


Pictures of My Son Bryan at 5 years:










One more thing Susan (my sister) got tested for the chromosome abnormality and has one to as do(we think it is the same one she has to have more tests). I,My son's Collin and Bryan and her son Adrian! What is up with our family!!?? She will see the geneticist soon!I am hoping my other sister and my brother will be tested along with my niece and parents.I am really having second thoughts about having more children.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenn said...

First, I just wanna say that Bryan looks SOOO much like you in that 4th pic!!
Also, I wouldn't worry too much about Bryan...you might remember that my cousin Davey was all muscley like that when he was little too. Some kids are just like that...
I know that as much as you've had to worry about your kids, it's not hard to wonder, but I think he's fine. He'll just get lots of girls later!

melloss said...

LoL thanks Jenn I remember Davey being a lot like Bryan! Do you see how cute he is?He's never going to have to worry about girls or having ugly children!!

Unknown said...

Your kid's a little retard as per the braindead look.

People with MRMH who don't come from inbred families, as yours obviously is, are said not to be afflicted with mental handicaps.

Just look at it this way, better to spay yourself and have him neutered. The world's screwed up enough without superpowered retards.

Me said...

Thanks for wasting our time and yours. You accomplished nothing.

Wolflake73 said...

I know of Liam hoekstra who also has this as well as a Vietnamese boy. I do think your boy has this, just based on the fact that it’s natural and usually if little kids are muscular it’s normal kid muscle and due to activity, genetics, and metabolism. However, in Bryan’s case it does look like Myostatin- related muscular hypertrophy. He looks just like Liam with the naturally defined muscles and the trapeze muscles. Still you have nothing to worry about other than maybe stiffness from the muscles over time. He’s active it seems so he should be fine there. He can do many amazing things with this blessing. Maybe he can help people. Still, God bless you and even though this is years later, I am mad at the foolishness and ignorance of the person who had no reason nor right to slander your wonderful child. Have a blessed day.

Wolflake73 said...

You do know that kids from incest don’t typically have MRMH. And even if a child is born this way it doesn’t mean they should be hated. I will pray for you.